Sunday, May 11, 2008

5 days out.


Wow, so 5 days. It feels like I've been thinking about and planning this trip for so long it would never actually come. HOWEVER, time does move fast and here we are, a mere five days from departure. I'm busy with all the pre-trip stuff like packing and the even more laborious task of organizing all the stuff I've accumulated in 4 years at university. I guess you could say I'm a bit of a pack rat, but hey, aren't most of us? We seem to always think that we'll need this or that in the future but then forget about it and it ends up sitting in some bin somewhere for the rest of your life...but at least we now it still exists JUST IN CASE!!

I've been systematically saying goodbye to my friends. It feels weird saying goodbye to someone that you usually spend so much time with. Like my roommate Tim, we've lived together for 4 years and now we won't see eachother for at least a year, crazy. It's all part of growing up I suppose.

On another note, it seems as if Taiwan is the cool place to go for Owen Sounders. I know at least 6 people from my little town who are there or are going there in the next little while. I'm not going there because of any of them, but it will be neat to know a few people who are there. Also it turns out my friend Jordan is going a couple weeks after I leave. He's from Owen Sound and I lived with him for 5 weeks in Quebec last summer for a french learning course...who knew a year later we would both be heading to Taiwan...me for teaching and him for a wedding, who knew.

Speaking of teaching, I'm actually really looking forward to it. I've never really done anything like that before so it should definitely be a great learning experience...for me and the little unsuspecting Taiwanese kids.

Ooohhh so close to riding a scooter!!!! Once I'm over I'll be posting bloggs and pics and all that for everyone interested.

Regards.

No comments: